Thursday, April 19, 2012

Running... cleansing... and ice baths!

This weekend is my first official 8k... and my legs feel like they are boulders. Yesterday, I really needed an ass kicking so I did an interval work out. I was running between 8.5 mph and then walking at 3.7 for a minute each. Tonight is my night for Group Power with the girls; however, the girls bailed, so I went by myself. CRUCIAL leg tracks... yes, multiple tracks. Apparently, my house has no icy hot in it, or tiger balm, or Bengay. So... I resorted to an ice bath. (If you go back to my first few blogs, I tell you how I'm always cold... so you can imagine how this went). I sat there shivering for all of 5 minutes and had to call it quits. But at least I tried. Now I'm rolling my legs out and giving myself a massage. Fingers crossed that the pain fades before 8 A.M. on Saturday.

Also today, I tried a cleanse that I found at EarthFare. It was on sale and had cucumbers, so I figured it couldn't be THAT bad. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad. Didn't have much of an effect but it was only $1.15 so I don't really feel like I lost anything by trying it.
I fussed at a friend a few weeks ago for wanting to try a cleanse she found on Pintrest. But it required her to cut major food groups out of her diet for 10-12 days and guaranteed weight loss up to 20 lbs. Anyone who knows anything about nutrition knows that can't be healthy for you. I don't necessarily feel like a drink "cleanse" is healthy for you, but I'm 99% sure it can't be as unhealthy for you as depriving yourself of entire food groups. Plus, that diet told her no fruit and I am addicted to fruit of every kind. So today's adventure spiked my curiosity and I've now decided to try this 6-day cleanse. 
Conveniently, I have 6 days left before I head to West Palm Beach for some girl time and sunshine! I'll update next week on the effects of the cleanse. And as soon as I'm done with my final grad school paper of this semester, I'll post all about my green smoothies from PB Runner's challenge (totally addicted to them now! Who knew?!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment