Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Running... again

I took an unplanned break from running... and blogging. Somehow my extremely busy school schedule managed to correlate with the busiest week at work yet. I had 30 pages of papers due + 2 presentations in a matter of 3 days, keeping up with consulting, as well as HUGE projects due at work with tight deadlines. I didn't stop running and blogging by choice, my life just did not allow time for it.

But now... I'm living again. I'm free of school (at least until September 4th), work has calmed down as much as possible, and I'm actually able to do all the things I love about life.

Like weeknight dinners + dates with my boyfriend. Yes, we live together and yes, we work in the same building but I swear from May-last week, it was like we didn't see each other. He was in bed by the time I got home from class, and he leaves in the mornings as I am coming downstairs for breakfast. But this week we've had amazing dinners every night, that we've helped each other cook. I love bonding over cooking and trying new things too (I let him look at recipes on Pinterest).

And after dinner, we've gone for runs together. Now, I know I complain about him not running as fast as me, but running together makes me so happy. I love having him by my side. Especially with this amazing whether we've been having. My dogs are pretty happy too with the fact that they have their exercising buddy back!

I am relaxed (although I could still use a massage) and literally have no worries about what I have to do after work or before class.. it's an amazing feeling. I could totally get used to this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment