Saturday, December 10, 2011

Running Thru December

I doubt I have to say this - but the holidays are ROUGH.... rough on your diet, your work outs and your waistline. If you don't set aside time to work out and prepare your meals... you will very easily get sidetracked by holiday colored wrapped Hershey's kisses, candy canes or Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte


I vowed to not eat sweets for the month of December to help combat all of the meals that I would be (over)indulging in. On December 1st, my team at work threw a party for me with chocolate cake to celebrate my last day in that role. Epic fail. 


On December 5th, also day 1 of my new job, my new boss bought me a brownie... I'm pretty sure it was laced with some addictive substance. It was heavenly and I immediately wanted more. They had obviously taken it out of the oven a couple minutes early to preserve the gooey-ness.


On December 6, one of my new co-workers delivered a bag of Andes, Hershey's Kisses and Hershey's miniatures to my desk. I devoured them all by 11 A.M. Except for the one that I saved for my boyfriend to help sweeten up his day (we have lunch together pretty much every day). 


Anyway, you can see the trend... I thought it would be a lot easier to avoid sweets and chocolate at least until Christmas day but I couldn't do it. There were too many temptations. So here's how I've negated all of those calories to avoid looking like this: 




Monday - Class day which equals no working out
Tuesday - Made a buffalo chicken wrap for lunch, with carrots and an apple as my snacks throughout the day
Wednesday- Ran 3 miles on the treadmill with intervals on incline of .5-8.0
Thursday - 90 day supreme Total Body workout 
Friday - Ran 2 miles with the dogs
Saturday - 9:15 A.M. Group Power @ ZX Fitness and then a 1.25 mile walk with the dogs
Sunday (tomorrow - but I'm doing it!) - 10:30 A.M. Group Ride class @ ZX Fitness 


The only chocolate I've allowed myself to have at home has been chocolate milk (1%) after a work out. So that's at least partial success. 


Maybe I'll try again in January... but until then, I'll keep planning calorie burning workouts to kill all the sugary goodness that would otherwise go straight to my love-handles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment