Monday, May 28, 2012

Running & Memorial Day!

I had an incredibly active Memorial Day weekend - which included an extra day off work! Who doesn't LOVE a 3-day weekend?

My fun really started on Wednesday, when we saw Dave Matthews Band at Verizon. What an awesome set list! We heard so many songs that we hadn't before and he played some of his new ones. Seriously an amazing show. Totally worth being tired and slightly hungover at work on Thursday.

Thursday, we went to the Charlotte Knights game with some folks from work. I really have some awesome girls that I used to work with (BF still works with them). So glad that we've stayed in touch and I get to spend some QT with them outside of the office.

Friday, I decided to run when I got home, went for a 3-miler but it was so hot (87 degrees) that I had to stop & walk three or four times. I still finished in 28 minutes, so I was proud that I was able to make up for the time that I walked. I also took my dogs for a mile long walk after that. Then we had an AMAZING dinner (shrimp & grits!) at The Fish Market in Baxter Village. Yum! Should be on everyone's restaurant bucket list!

Saturday, I took the dogs for another long spin and spent most of the day outside soaking up the sun (with sunscreen on of course!). We went to NoDa Brewery for some afternoon beverages and had the chance to taste Maki Taco Truck's tacos. Basically like heaven in your mouth. Seriously, the freshness and deliciousness combined was enough to give you a stroke (in a good way!)


Sunday, we took the dogs to Lake Wylie for a little morning hike before the temps got too high and then we went to Mac's Speedshop. This was really our weekend of good food and good beer. I needed a high-intensity workout after so many days of beers and big meals, so I hit the gym. I was doing intervals on the treadmill. Finished a 5k in 24:43 - pretty proud! My PR is 24 even. We ended up at the White Water Center afterwards for some music. Our friends had told us to check out the Black Lillies, so we stopped by for a beer and some jams.
Today, I did Body Pump to start the day and then took the dogs for a little over a mile long walk. My legs are begging for BioFreeze today. Seriously, so much pain. I'm a little nervous about how I will be able to walk tomorrow... should be interesting. But totally worth it because we just had a week that should go down in the record books. Loving life. And best of all... I'm going to be an auntie this week. Damon is due on Wednesday.... we'll be *patiently* awaiting his arrival until then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment