Friday, June 8, 2012

Running... NOT at ZX Fitness.


I got off work early today as we are traveling to Atlanta to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I thought I would allow time for myself to hit the gym before we get on the road... however, instead I've been dealing with this situation below. Here is my message to the gym.... after I spoke with billing for half an hour and then went in to speak with the manager without any resolve:


"I'm very disappointed with the level of service I have received from ZX Fitness. I have been a member for a while now and recently had my debit card number compromised. My bank deactivated the card and sent me a new one. I got an email from ZX saying I needed to update my billing information. I came in and did so, and was informed there was a $20 decline fee on there as well. I asked if that would be removed since it was not my choice to change the card number and was told that it would. I tried to contact the billing on 6/6 to be on hold for over 20 minutes. I went in the gym again on 6/7 and asked if there was any other way to go about this and was told no, I would have to call again but also assured that the $20 would not be charged to me. I spoke with billing today 6/8 and was informed that I had been charged the decline fee and there was nothing they could do. I went into the gym, hoping the situation could be rectified there since that it where I was first told I would not be charged the decline fee and that it would be waved. I was told there was nothing the manager or his manager could do unless i get written proof from my bank. 


I've brought in 3 additional members to this gym and have diligently paid my dues monthly. I'm highly disappointed in the run around and that I'm having to chase down an email from my bank to "prove" this - because obviously I would make up a story like this and then willingly come in and update my number. It makes no sense. 


I am considering canceling my account with ZX after this situation is rectified, as well as my boyfriend moving his account and my two friends that have joined with me. I will gladly pay cancellation fees for them as I do not want them to have to endure stressful and unnecessary situations such as this one... ever. 


You might want to make sure your front desk staff knows what they are talking about before you let them inform your members that fees will be waived. And what's the point of having a manager who has no authority to do anything? 


Highly disappointed in this company and my gym in particular." 


Needless to say, I did not get to run today. Hopefully Atlanta will provide some time for rest & relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment