Sunday, June 24, 2012

Running... and high hopes while hiking!

Wednesday was my 3-year anniversary with my boyfriend. However, I had class so there was no celebrating to be done on Wednesday. So yesterday, my boyfriend told me he had a day o' fun planned for us... starting with hiking at Crowders Mountain. And hiked we did.... 5.2 miles... 5.2 miles that make your ass sore kind of miles.
 We got all the way to the top and I was thinking to myself... THIS would be the perfect spot for a proposal. Sitting on top of the world, peaceful, together... but no. I won't drag it out because it's simple.. it didn't happen. Although, he was super sweet up there telling me how much he loves me and how great our 3 years together has been... still no ring.

All hope was not lost, because we had a delicious dinner reservation at The Fig Tree and that too, could be the perfect place for a proposal. Romantic dinner in a darling little house set in Elizabeth... we were dressed up so pictures would be amazing afterwards. So we had appetizers and salads and entrees and dessert and coffee (and some libations)... and the night was winding down. I was pretty sure when the check came that it wasn't going to happen there... and THEN...

He suggested we go for a walk in the park across the street. Meanwhile, my friends are texting me/blowing up my phone asking if anything exciting has happened. Of course I agreed to the walk in the park, which lasted all of 5 minutes before he suggested we go back home and watch a movie in bed.

There you have it folks, I'm still "single" by all legal definitions. I'm still just the forever, live-in girlfriend.  I still don't get to start planning my happily-ever-after because for all I know, it's never going to happen.

Maybe I should just start running... and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment