Monday, June 11, 2012

Running + birthdays + babies!

My nephew was born on May 30th. Perfect, happy & healthy and we are so thankful for this little bundle of joy. He's literally the cutest baby that I've ever seen (and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased).

My boyfriend's birthday was only a few days after the birth of the world's cutest baby, so we had to celebrate! We had a few dinners here in Charlotte (Fish Market (yum) & Boudreaux's (yum)) and this past weekend we traveled to Atlanta with his sister and her boyfriend for a weekend of southern goodness! 

We ate at Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint on Friday. Holy cow. I had fried chicken, mac & cheese and spinach. The BF won out with his fried pork chop. Seriously, like heaven in my mouth. Obviously, I needed a run after that meal, so Saturday morning we ran around Olympic Park before a day of walking through the Georgia Aquarium. I love that place. For my 24th birthday, he took me swimming with sharks at the aquarium. What an amazing experience. 

The best part of the trip was by far the Braves game on Saturday evening. We had 5th row seats right by the dugout. We (over)indulged in hotdogs, funnel cakes, ice cream, beer... and tequila shots while at the game. Again, I'm in serious need of a run. Feeling blah when my alarm went off this morning, I told myself I will run tonight. And not at ZX Fitness as they've yet to respond to my message on Friday. 

 I start my new consulting job today as a Social Media Strategist! What an awesome title! More to come on this because it was a total surprise that I got offered a position. And I'll leave you with a picture of the world's next heartbreaker:
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment