Sunday, February 12, 2012

Running... thru Boston!

I was sent to Boston a few weeks ago for work. The weeks leading up to the trip, I complained about how much I hated cold weather, and that it was my birthday week and blah blah blah. I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE CITY. Seriously, what an amazing place. My hotel was right across from the office, and I was super close to Newbury street where all of the shopping is in Boston. I could not have asked for a better trip. I loved everything about it, from the hotel, to the people that I got to work with, to the buzz of the city as I was falling asleep at night. It was awesome. Now, there was snow on the ground when I got there, but other than that, it was unusually warm for Boston with highs in the upper 40's every day.





My co-workers took me to Lolita's for my birthday. Now, to say I'm a fan of Mexican food is an understatement. And honestly, I love the dirty, hole in the wall Mexican places the most. Lolita's is not dirty, or a hole in the wall, and it was possibly, the most delicious Mexican food I have ever tasted. I actually ended up taking my boyfriend back there when he got to town. 

My boyfriend picked the restaurant for my birthday, and boy did he make a good call. Atlantic Fish was heavenly. His dinner was better than mine, but the dessert was the best part anyway.




So if you're starting to think all we did was eat, you might be correct. We had so much good food (I gained 4 pounds!!!) while we were in Boston, we actually restaurant hopped for martinis, appetizers, dinner and dessert on one night. We also exercised while were were there and we spent Saturday walking the Freedom Trail and enjoying day full of history. Of course, along the way we stopped for lunch and drinks...



We actually cannot wait to go back to Boston. We're considering planning a trip this Spring so that we can enjoy more gorgeous weather, explore the Cape and visit Harvard's campus. I shouldn't have been such a pessimist before this trip, it was truly an awesome experience. I think I could even see myself living there one day... but only if the weather promised to stay 40 and above.

No comments:

Post a Comment